There is a saying that goes like this – “Age does not depend upon years but upon temperament and health”. How true it holds in times like now. People all over the world are prioritizing physical and mental health over everything. And with so much hype around developing the wellness regime for the overall betterment of living, CBD is being advocated by many lifestyle influencers as the next big thing. However, to boost your health and temperament, age is considered an important number when you are planning to buy CBD. How you ask! Well, it depends on your location, specifically your state, what CBD product you want to buy, and the source from where you want to buy CBD. Read on to know more details on regulations on CBD and associated misconceptions.
CBD From Hemp Vs CBD From Marijuana
Even though the Hemp plants and Marijuana belong to the same family of plants, they differ in their cannabinoid contents. The main, and the most important, the difference is the THC content of these plants. That is why even federal laws are also focused on the source from where the CBD is extracted. Hemp plants naturally contain higher levels of CBD and lower value of THC (less than 0.3%) whereas the marijuana plants have more than 0.3% THC, thus possessing the risk of getting the consumer high. The difference between the two plants decides the legal status of the CBD products as per the Farm Bill of 2018.
Legal Status of CBD
Since the 2018 Farm Bill came into action, CBD products are deemed legal on federal terms for sale across the entire US provided that the CBD is derived from the industrial hemp plants, and contains less than 0.3% THC. The CBD was removed from under the marijuana category, and thus, does not come under the controlled substances as per the Controlled Substances Act. However, the bill does not fix the age restrictions for the sale and purchase of CBD products, and it also does not provide details for the legal status of different products that contain CBD at the state level.
The non-specific regulations around cannabidiol products have provided the state governments to establish their own set of laws. Some states have passed laws that allow the sale of CBD-containing products to those who are of 18 years of age or older, while other states have a higher age limit of 21 years. To know how old. Some local municipalities and counties have their own rules for age restrictions. So to be sure, you need to consult your local authorities for details on the CBD laws before buying any product.
Different states have different regulations regarding the sale and purchase of cannabis products, therefore the legal age to buy CBD varies. Some states have completely legalized the use of CBD, while some states allow the use of CBD-based products for medical uses only. Some states even have specific requirements for the THC level in CBD oil, other states do not allow the use of any other product than CBD oil. 36 states have already legalized medical marijuana, while 14 states have state-specific laws that allow the use of CBD oil with zero or minimal THC in it.
Minimum Age Requirement to Purchase CBD Products
Well, the federal government has not set an age requirement for CBD procurement, which gives the power to the state department to set the guidelines. There isn’t one solid answer to this question. Some state laws require you to be 21 years of age, while others allow you to buy CBD at 18 years or older. The online stores will also have varied requirements for the sale, some need you to be at least 18 years of age, while others have the policy of selling CBD products to 21 years and above.
To generalize, some stores require you to be 18 years or older, while in some cases you need to be at least 21 years of age. You would be asked to verify your age to sell products containing CBD. Even the online stores that sell high-quality products ask you to prove your age. In case, the use of marijuana and hemp products is legal for recreational use as well in your region, you can buy the products from medical marijuana dispensaries.
Usually, people ask the question: How old do you have to be to buy marijuana? Isn’t CBD also made from marijuana? Well, to purchase marijuana you need to be at least 21 years of age. And marijuana for recreational use is legal in some states only. The rest of the states have allowed the use of marijuana only for medical uses. However, CBD that is extracted from hemp plants has more relaxed guidelines in most states, barring a few, which makes the purchase easier for the consumers.
Different Types of CBD Products That You Can Buy
As the CBD and its products gained popularity, the manufacturers had to be more innovative with launching products to step up their game in the market. In case your state laws make you eligible to buy CBD products, you will encounter a wide range of products to choose from.
- CBD Oils & Tinctures: These products contain CBD in some carrier oil or an alcoholic base. CBD in this form is most versatile as it can be taken in the form of drops directly under your tongue or it can be added to your meal or beverage. Taking the CBD under the tongue ensures the most efficient use (Read more about it here).
- Edibles such as Gummies: Some of the most popular CBD products, the gummies allow slow release of the CBD to the system. Ideal for those who are looking for such experience. Available in a variety of flavors here at Divine Hemps, you must give it a try. Our 400 mg Gummies packet is the best option for the first-timers.
- Vaping Oils: Taking CBD by vaping ensures the best bioavailability. To use it, just take 1 ml of the vape oil in a dropper from the bottle and load your vaping device’s cartridge to enjoy it. Our 1000 mg Vape Oil is a hot selling item.
- Topicals: CBD in a topical cream is a perfect solution for localized concerns you may have. Once the CBD cream is applied over the targeted area, the CBD slowly penetrates the porous skin and works locally to provide relief. The CBD does not enter the bloodstream by this method.
- Capsules & Tablets: These are pill-like options. Capsules increase the bioavailability of CBD by protecting it from harsh digestive juices in the gastrointestinal tract. CBD tablets are usually made to be administered sublingually to allow faster action.
Even under these broadly categorized options, there are so many varieties available to make your experience worth it. Visit our shop to explore it for yourself.
Exploring the different types of products available brings us to more important questions:
Do age restrictions on CBD vary with different forms?
- Yes. Everything that contains CBD has to comply with the regulations laid down by the local authorities.
How old do you have to be to buy CBD gummies?
- Edible products such as gummies also contain a certain amount of CBD which brings it under the scrutiny of the local laws focusing on CBD or hemp products.
What are the age requirements for buying cannabis oil?
- You need to be either 18 years of age or 21 or older depending on the region you are in. However, when you talk about cannabis oil you need to be specific about the type of cannabis oil you require. CBD oil extracted from hemp plants is permissible in almost every state with variations in the THC content, whereas CBD oil from marijuana plants is not.
Does vaping CBD come under age restrictions?
- Any product containing CBD has age restrictions associated with it, however, the intricacies depend on your local laws as some states have placed CBD vapes in the same category of CBD smokables.
How old do you have to be to buy CBD products online?
- Well, the age restriction will vary as per your location as well as the location from where you are planning to buy. Moreover, different companies have different age requirements that they verify when you place an order. Divine Hemps needs you to be 21 years or older to sell and deliver CBD products to your doorstep.
Things to Know Before Making a Purchase
- Buy only from reputable sources.
- Always look for third-party lab reports to ensure the quality of the products. (You can find ours here)
- Make sure the brand you are buying from fulfills the regulatory requirements.
- Conduct proper research regarding age restrictions for your region.
To Sum It Up
The cultivation and use of hemp plants to be made into various products have been legalized as the result of the Farm Bill. However, the state laws regarding cannabis products are yet to be harmonized with the federal laws, putting the legality of CBD in question. Thus the question ‘how old do you have to be to buy CBD’ cannot be clear-cut. Awareness of the local laws and regulations can help you with the dilemma so you can experience the quality CBD products working wonders for you!