Seeking ways to escape the mental and physical stress of the fast-paced life? Well, you are always a massage away from a perfect relaxation that caters not only to your physical needs but your mental peace as well. With so many trends already out there, CBD massage is the latest addition. The legalization of hemp products by federal regulations has led to an increase in acceptance of CBD products by the public. Research findings keep on adding to the already potential promising list of the benefits CBD has to offer. Massage therapy is the latest venture CBD has been introduced into, and from the reviews, CBD seems to have taken the spa industry by storm.
What Is CBD Massage?
As the name implies, a topical application product with CBD as its active ingredient is used for the massage. CBD, or cannabidiol, is a non-psychoactive product derived from the industrial hemp plant that has less than 0.3% of the infamous THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). CBD works by interacting with the Endocannabinoid System for overall well-being.
The topical cream, oil, or lotion is applied over the skin which absorbs it slowly, but the effects stay for a longer time than other forms of administration of CBD.
Benefits Of Massage
Massage is carried out for the relaxation of body ache or stress and refers to the process where the soft tissues of the body are manipulated with the help of fingers, hands, elbow, feet, or any electronic or non-electronic device. The styles of massage may vary but the underlying basics remain consistent.
Deep Massage: This method uses strong but slow-paced movements to target the deep-seated muscles. It mainly caters to any musculoskeletal injuries. Firm pressure is maintained throughout the massage therapy to relieve muscles from any strain or tension.
Swedish Massage: The main purpose of this technique is relaxation by easing superficial stress and boosting the blood circulation in the muscles. Light to firm pressure is maintained while massaging any specific area with long strokes.
Trigger Point Massage: This technique was devised to assist in alleviating the regions of tightness in muscles by use of smooth strokes with the pressure alternating between gentle and relaxing, and then deeper and strong. It is suitable for help with those who have had injuries or have chronic pain in specific areas.
Sports Massage: Apt for those who want to treat muscle injury due to repetitive use, the body or specific area is massaged with long strokes with deep pressure.
Aromatherapy Massage: This technique is usually advised for emotional rejuvenation. Essential oil is used to massage the body with gentle pressure.
The massage was previously associated with psychological & spiritual uplifting but has gained popularity for its therapeutic implementation. It can assist in relieving the following areas:
- Tension and/or strains in muscles
- Digestive issues
- Joint pain
- Injuries caused due to physical activities such as sports
- Insomnia due to stress
Most of all, massage incites the feelings of care, comfort, and well-being that help a person to relax. It is also known to increase alertness, decreasing depression, and also boosting immune function.[1,2] Skin nourishment and moisturization is another perk to benefit from.
CBD Oil Massage Benefits
CBD For Massage Using It The Right Way
CBD massage does not follow any extraordinary technique, the only difference between CBD massage and any other massage is that CBD infused oil or cream is used for massaging.
- Take a good amount of CBD topical in your hands, and apply it to the area you want to target.
- Massage thoroughly into the skin and leave it to get absorbed.
- Do not shower for some hours to fully reap the benefits of CBD.
- The effects are usually seen within 45-60 minutes, with the peak being 90 minutes.
Do keep in mind that the onset of effects may vary from person to person because of the inimitable biochemistry of each individual.
CBD Products Available For Massage
You would be mesmerized with the variety of products available in the market to avail the advantages CBD has to offer.
- CBD Massage Candles: These multi-use CBD candles are divine for creating a spa day at home. Available in a variety of soothing fragrances, these start as candles and slowly turn into a pool of molten oil that can be used to massage the body.
- CBD Massage Oil: These oils come enriched with essential oils to deeply nourish your skin along with providing you the unique CBD benefits.
- CBD Body Lotions: These are specially formulated for taking care of the skin. It can be used on your skin after a bath to help maintain skin health.
- CBD Topical Creams: Designed to target a specific area, the CBD gets absorbed through the skin to work for local relief. There are many topical CBD massage creams available in the market targeting different areas of our body. Our CBD cream with 4000 mg full-spectrum CBD is made for use on muscles and joints and is a perfect blend for soothing the concerned area after a heavy gym session or a long tiring day at the job.
Other products such as our CBD Vape oil with 1000 mg CBD can also be used topically and will provide you effective results on par with other topicals available.
Moreover, some people have been making CBD-infused oil at home with help of CBD isolate or CBD flower. But of course, that won’t be possible if cannabis products are not fully legal in your province.
Making CBD massage oil at home
You would require:
- A Base Oil: Hemp seed oil is preferred over others because of its non-clogging properties, however, you can also use coconut, MCT, or olive oil.
- Essential Oils: You can use any essential oil as per the benefit you are seeking lavender oil, calendula oil, rosemary oil, etc.
- Cannabis Flower (that has been decarboxylated)
- Other Soothing Ingredients: Some people like incorporating some spices or their extracts that have been known to have anti-inflammatory effects such as clove, turmeric, mint, etc.
- Preheat the water bath to 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all the ingredients in a mason jar, and immerse in the water bath.
- Leave the concoction for 4-5 hours at the same temperature.
- Once the infusion time is over and the temperature of the oil is cool enough to handle, remove it from the water bath and serve the contents through a filter or muslin cloth.
- Let the oil sit to cool down, and store in a cool dark place until use.
Note: Preparing a CBD-infused oil at home does not ensure the potency and purity of the final product. It is always advised to purchase a good-quality oil from a reputable company to avoid any adverse effects.
Choosing The Best CBD Oil
To fully utilize the advantages of a CBD massage you need to be sure that the product is of premium quality, whether you are using it yourself or in a spa. What makes a massage oil best you ask. Make sure that the following pointers are met:
- Pure CBD of high-quality
- Extracted from US grown hemp
- Free from GMOs
- Do not contain heavy metals, pesticides, toxic residues
- THC content is less than 0.3%
- Accompanying ingredients like essential oils, extracts such as calendula, turmeric, etc. should add to the soothing and relaxing effects
- Good Manufacturing Processes
- Customer Reviews
Things To Know Before Trying It
- Oral CBD is known to interact with other prescription medications that may cause side effects such as dizziness, nausea, dryness of mouth, there’s also no sufficient scientific data to establish the safety of topical application of CBD products.
- CBD products with less than 0.3% THC are legal federally, but their legal status may vary from state to state, and even some municipalities have different regulations. Check the local laws regarding CBD products before placing an order.
- Even with the numerous recommendations from social media influencers and in vitro studies, cannabis oil lacks sufficient scientific data to support its safety and adequacy in humans.
Summing It Up
When considering the benefits of CBD oil, it surely makes an ideal component for a relaxing and even therapeutic massage. However, a lot of investigation is required to fully understand the scope of CBD in therapeutic aspects of the massage. Should you try it? Yes, why not. As the saying goes ‘You are one massage away from a good mood’. A massage does more than just relaxing your muscles, it improves your overall functioning.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Can CBD massage make me feel high?
- CBD is a non-psychoactive chemical compound. The CBD products derived from hemp plants have less than 0.3% THC, which does not get you high.
Q.2 How much CBD oil should be used for massage?
- Take an adequate amount of oil that covers the area you are targeting to get a nice coating of oil on your skin.
Q3 How to infuse CBD isolate into massage oil?
- CBD isolate can be added to the base oil along with other essential oils and ingredients and slowly brewed at low temperature (100-140 degrees Fahrenheit) for 4-5 hours.
- Please note that the preparation of CBD oil at home will not ensure good potency and quality.